When you’re on a pantry meal budget, there are few meals cheaper to prepare than rice and beans. But if you’re bored of the same tired old recipe, try out one of these simple (and super cheap!) twists on the classic budget dinner:
- Black Beans with Mango & Cilantro: this recipes uses 6 ingredients and can be made for about $3.
- Rice and Bean Soup: perfect for a chilly night, create rice and bean soup with a few easy veggies, canned tomato sauce and canned diced tomatoes.
- Slow Cooker Rice and Beans: bust out that slow cooker and make a really simple and filling meal. Just soak your beans in water overnight, then make your slow cooker creation for about $2.
- Coconut Rice and Beans: use lite coconut milk, pineapple juice, broccoli and a few other ingredients to make a delicious and balanced meal for just about $2.25
- Ranchero Black and Pinto Beans: use leftover ham, beans, diced tomatoes and green beans to make this simple recipe for $2.50.
- Quinoa Soft Tacos: use a few simple ingredients to create a healthy twist on taco night for under $5.
- Fiesta Beans and Rice: this one dish recipe includes red and green peppers, tomato sauce, lime juice, and a few simple seasonings.
Find more great recipes over at $5 Dinners Recipes & Tips for a Rice and Beans Budget.