Have you fallen out of love with oatmeal? Were you never in love with oatmeal to begin with? If this popular breakfast isn’t your thing, don’t swear the stuff off all together! There are so many ways you can use oatmeal in healthy, surprisingly delicious recipes, that aren’t just your plain morning oats. These 6 savory and sweet recipes taste like comfort food – and guess what? Oatmeal is in every single one. So if you’re looking to rekindle your relationship with your oats, check out these 6 recipes that will change the way you think about oatmeal.
Each one sounds more delicious than the next! Plus, they’re all so easy to make. The only hard part about these recipes is deciding which one to try first.
For all 6 recipes, you have to start by cooking your oats. Follow the instructions on the oats packaging and try to only use water to prepare them – you want them as bland as possible for all the flavors you’re about to add.
Baked Potato Oatmeal
2. Bake potatoes at 410 F for 20 minutes.
3. Cook some turkey bacon in a skillet and chop it into pieces to create bacon bits.
4. Once the potatoes are done cooking, add them, the bacon bits, Greek yogurt, and cheddar cheese to your oatmeal. Garnish with green onion and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutty Carrot Cake Oatmeal
2. Mix together and garnish with more carrots and toasted coconut.
Spinach and Kale Oatmeal
2. Optional: sear a chopped tomato.
3. Fry an egg.
4. Add the greens first, then the oatmeal. Top off with the tomato, egg, and goat cheese. Garnish.
Spiced Berry Cobbler Oatmeal
1. Heat coconut oil in medium skillet.
2. Add berries to heated skillet. Sear them and crush gently to encourage syrup to form.
3. Add a pinch of cinnamon, then remove berries.
4. Add almond milk, walnuts, All-Spice, turmeric, and Stevia in the Raw to oatmeal. Mix.
5. Top off with berries and granola.
Strawberry and Banana Nut Oatmeal
2. Top off with strawberries.
3. Garnish with Greek yogurt, walnuts, and poppy seeds.
Southwest Stuffed Red Pepper Oatmeal
2. Place peppers face down and cook for about 15 minutes at 410 F.
3. Prep oatmeal with corn, black beans, Greek yogurt, garlic, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
4. Remove peppers from oven and stuff with the oatmeal mixture. Top off with some mozzarella.
5. Put back in the oven for another 8 minutes at 410 F. Garnish with cilantro.