Some of us find ourselves with too much stuff and not enough space. You can easily get rid of your things, but you can also increase your storage areas for those items you’re unable to part with. These projects will make you want to do some remodeling to make your home prettier and more efficient at the same time.
1. A Murphy Bedbuilding a Murphy bed isn’t terribly difficult to do yourself. This frees up a ton of floor space for you and your family. When guests come over, all you need to do is pull your Murphy bed down and make them feel right at home.
2. Stools on HingesStools that swing in and out on hinges can give your kitchen a more industrial or rustic feel. Swing them out for extra seating around the kitchen and then tuck them back in to save space. Bonus: You don’t have to worry about little kids accidentally tipping them over.
3. Window Seat Storageperfect storage opportunity. The cushions on the seat can lift up to reveal a storage area for anything you want, including a hidden filing cabinet. If you don’t have a window seat, install one near a favorite or new window in your home.
4. Baseboard Storageinstall them yourself or have a professional do it. Just think of all the wasted space underneath your cabinets.
5. Build a Platform BedYouTube tutorial that will show you what you need and how to build it. If you’re going to take up the space for a bed, you might as well use that space for some awesome storage!
6. Under-Stairs Storagespace under your stairs is the perfect place for those things. You can have that space remodeled so shelving pulls out from the wall. It is great for boots, shoes, coats, purses, board games and towels. Anything you place on a shelf or in a coat closet could go under your stairs. You could even make yourself a pantry for canned goods if you wanted to.
You don’t need a bigger house to hold all of your things. You just need to utilize the space you already have.