In every frugal cook’s repertoire, there should be some go-to frugal recipes to make when money is tight. Wise Bread has gathered a collection of some recipes that deserve a spot in that repertoire. Check them out:
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers:You can make these as a meal for a family of 4 for about $5. All you need at 4 green peppers, frozen corn, a can on pinto beans, onion, garlic, olives, spices and of course, cheese. Use rice to make the meal even more filling.
- Taco Chicken Bowls:Make this flavorful meal (that serves 8) in the crock pot for $10. Once you’re done cooking the chicken mix, serve over a bed of rice with shredded cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Veggie Lasagna:Make this hearty dish, that creates 10 servings in all, for about $10. The best part about this meal is that you can eat it for a night or two, then store it in some plastic wrap in the freezer for more meals in the future.
- White Bean Tuna Salad:This recipe calls for arugula or spinach, but you can use whatever greens are on sale for further savings. This salad is great as a lunch or as a light dinner with bread.
- Stuffed Baked Potatoes:You can’t get much more frugal than potato-bar chili. Use ground turkey, onions, peper, tomatoes, chili beans and some pantry ingredients to full baked potatoes for a filling and inexpensive meal.
Find more ideas over at Wise Bread’s roundup, 10 Budget-Friendly Meals Everyone Should Know How to Make.