Counting calories? That doesn’t mean you have to suffer through lunch time with the same boring salad every day. Take a look at some amazing-looking lunch ideas from The Kitchn that are all easy and cheap to make and fall under 400 calories each:
Black Beans with Lime and Avocado, Plus a Banana
Here’s a quick lunch that’s also vegan! All you need to do it mix up a few things with black beans and you’re good to go.
- Black beans with lime (135 calories in 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced (150 calories)
- Medium banana (105 calories)
- Total: 390 calories
Baked Sweet Potato with Yogurt and Bacon, Plus a Nectarine
Either the night before or in the morning, roast a few sweet potatoes, top with bacon crumbles (yes, you read correctly!) and then warm up at lunch time at work.
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (170 calories)
- 3 slices of bacon, crumbled (90 calories)
- 2 tablespoons of whole-milk yogurt for topping (20 calories)
- 1 nectarine (70 calories)
- Total: 350 calories
Find 3 more creative and delicious ideas to spice up your lunch break over at The Kitchn’s 5 Quick and Delicious Lunches Under 400 Calories.