When three o’clock in the afternoon rolls around, we all have a little dip in energy. We all know we shouldn’t grab that candy bar from the vending machine or a cookie from the pantry, but they’re just . . . so . . . tasty. Plus, they’re quick and convenient! To try to stick to our healthy eating plans, we need grab-and-go snacks that won’t take forever to prepare and that aren’t full of bad fats and calories. How do FIVE sound? They come to us from The Domestic Geek, and what’s more, each only require three ingredients. Check them out!
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY YOGURT CUPS
–½ cup vanilla yogurt
–1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
–2 teaspoons jam
- In a small bowl mix yogurt and peanut butter until they become smooth.
- Top with jam and, if you want, some crushed peanuts.
–2 tablespoons almond butter
–1 whole wheat tortilla
- Spread the almond butter in an even layer on the whole wheat tortilla. Be sure to get all the way to the edges.
- Place a banana at the end of the wrap and roll it up.
- Use a sharp knife to gently cut the wrap into slices.
CHERRY CHOCOLATE TRAIL MIX
–1 cup roasted salted almonds
–½ cup dried cherries
–¼ cup chocolate chips
- Combine all three ingredients in a bowl and stir. Create individual portions to prevent over-indulging!
–1 ½ cups vanilla yogurt
–¼ cup dried cranberries
–¼ cup pistachios, shelled and crushed
- Line a muffin tin with baking cups. Fill each with ¼ cup of yogurt.
- Top with cranberries and pistachios.
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT ENERGY BITES
–¾ cup dates, pitted and soaked
–½ cup toasted hazelnuts (or peanuts), shelled and peeled
–2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Combine ingredients in the bowl of your food processor. Blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Roll into balls.
- Refrigerate for up to 7 days or freeze for 6 months.
Yes! I can’t wait to try these froyo bites. Which ones will you taste first?