This week has been dubbed an unofficial “tomato week” by yours truly. This past weekend, I spent some time on a friend’s farm and we picked a bunch of the tomatoes that were dangling ripely from the vine. Now I’ve got a whole lot of delicious and juicy tomatoes hanging around, so this article over at Serious Eats caught my attention easily. Let’s take a look at some cool recipes that feature yummy summer tomatoes:
- Summer Tomato Salad: this pretty salad is made by cutting tomatoes into slices and adding some pine nuts, goat cheese, basil leaves and aged balsamic vinegar.
- Fresh Tomato Soup with Roasted Corn Guacamole: this cold soup with a warm corn-based center is great for late summer. Besides the tomatoes, you’ll need olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and cilantro leaves for the soup base. And the roasted corn guacamole only requires a few additional ingredients.
- Roasted Tomato Salsa: create your own sals in a food processor with tomatoes, Kosher salt, jalapeno, sugar, garlic, onion, cilantro and lime juice.
- Baked Tomatoes Stuffed with Cheese and Breadcrumbs: yum. That’s pretty much all there is to say about this. Besides tomatoes, you’ll require olive oil, rustic white bread, Gruyere cheese, a shallot, garlic, thyme, and a few other seasoning goodies.
- Roasted Tomato Risotto with Fresh Mozzarella: create your own puree out of roasted and strained tomatoes that’s perfect for a nice risotto dish.
Find 22 more exciting recipes over at Serious Eats’ 27 Easy, Fresh Tomato Recipes.