If you’re looking to really get your home super-organized, there’s one tool you absolutely have to have. We’re not talking about a fancy organizer from an overpriced specialty store. No, we’re talking about a humble item you can get at the dollar or drug store: command strip hooks! Turns out, there’s no limit to the ways you can use these simple, sticky hooks to make every room of your home tidier and even more lovely! Taking inspiration from Lifehacker, we scoured the Internet for TWENTY-FIVE of the best.
- Hide your mixer cordDimplicity via Pinterest
Keep your counters ultra-organized by keeping the cord of your mixer – and other small appliances! – looped around a command hook.
- Keep chair cushions from slippingPepper Design Blog via Good Housekeeping
Rather than worrying with easy-to-rip ties, make use of command strips’ stickiness and use them to keep your cushions in place. Bonus— they’re easy to remove when they need a wash!
- DIY a car garbage canMommy Savers via Good Housekeeping
Corral all the trash in your car and keep it discreet by attaching it to a hidden spot with a command strip.
- Make a foldable tray tableYoung House Love via Good Housekeeping
Yup, this little side table is made with command strips! All you need are a luggage rack and a tray, and you’ve got an easy take-apart, fold-away table whenever you need more surface space in your bedroom.
- Create one-of-a-kind window treatmentsIt All Started With Paint via Real Housemoms
Who says curtains are the only acceptable window treatments? Use them to suspend mason jar flower vases for a one-of-a-kind garden.
- Make holiday decorating easierThe Inspired Room via Real Housemoms
We hang up more stuff around the holidays than any other time of year, but that doesn’t mean we need or want extra holes all year. Command hooks solve that problem easily!
- Hook your bibsDefinitely Jennifer via DIY & Crafts
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the smartest! Hang your babies’ bibs where they’ll need them the most.
- Keep your rings safeBride and Joy via DIY & Crafts
Anybody who takes off her wedding rings to do the washing-up has known the panic of forgetting where she put them. Never experience that feeling again by keeping a hook handy to keep them safe!
- DIY a canopy bedThe Naked Coed via DIY & Crafts
Whether it’s a dorm room, a rental or just a bed or room you don’t want to drill holes in, you can still have all the fun of a canopy bed, thanks to command hooks.
- Hang up your hair toolsCosmopolitan
Those troublesome cords become an organizational help when you combine them with command hooks to hang up your flat iron, curling iron, and blow dryer.
- Hang up your stand mixer attachmentsGina @ Shabby Creek Cottage via Pinterest
We all know about hanging up our measuring cups, spoons and utensils, but you have you heard about THIS one? What a great idea to get those large, bulk attachments out of the way!
- Hide cables and cordsHi Sugarplum! via Lifehacker
This one’s a matter of safety AND aesthetics. Keep those cords tucked away and untangled for peace of mind.
- Mount your router on the wallLifehacker
Want better Wi-Fi reception throughout your house? Mount your router up high using command hooks.
- Keep your garbage bags slip-freeLifehacker
Nothing makes taking out the garbage worse than a bag that’s slipped down inside the can. Prevent that from happening with some cleverly-placed command hooks.
- Create tablet stationsLifehacker
Use your tablet for everything from recipes to music to entertaining the kids? Make sure there’s always a safe place to put it!
- Display artBe A Fun Mum via Lifehacker
Run out of room on the refrigerator? Create an easy and easily-changed display for all of your kids’ art!
- Hang floating shelvesOrganized Simplicity via Good Housekeeping
Want to go even bolder with your artwork display? Combine old Scrabble tile holders with command strips for the tiniest, cutest floating shelves ever!
- Make a collage wallPretty Providence via Good Housekeeping
Command strips are great for more grown-up art, too! Create a gallery wall without punching a ton of holes in your walls. It’s especially a great idea for renters!
- Store toothbrushesKelly N Jared Stover via Lifehacker
Want to keep toothbrushes out of sight and away from germs? Mount them inside your medicine cabinet with command hooks!
- Hang headphones right by your monitorSliding Into Second Grade via Lifehacker
Never lose your headphones again! Hang them right by your monitor, either on the back or the sides. You can also use clear hooks for a more camouflaged look!
- Hang curtain rods3M via Lifehacker
Especially perfect for apartment-dwellers! Hang curtains wherever you want, just by putting up some command strip hooks.
- Make a shoe rack3M via Lifehacker
Another thing you can do with that curtain-rod-on-command-strips? Make an easy, space-saving shoe rack!
- Organize craft suppliesScattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom via Real Housemoms
Instead of a curtain rod, use those command strips to hold up a dowel and organize craft supplies like ribbon or washi tape. We bet you could DIY some gift wrap this way, too!
- Keep kids’ art supplies neatDelightful Mom via Real Housemoms
Once your art supplies are organized, move on to your kids’! Especially if you’re low on surface space, attaching buckets to the sides of the table with command hooks is a great trick!
- Organize pot lidsLifehacker
Spread out some hooks on the backs of your cabinet doors to give them someplace to rest without falling and free up some space in your cabinets or on your countertops.
These tricks are so, so smart. Which ones are you going to try?