Meatless recipes aren’t only good for vegetarians. They’re good for anyone on a budget. Whether or not you eat meat, here are some easy crock pot recipes that won’t heat up your kitchen this summer and will save you some money on meatless nights.
- Corn Chowder: here’s a great affordable meal that involves canned corn, dried onion and some simple herbs. It’s the perfect warm meal for a brisk day.
- Meatless Sloppy Joes: all you do for meatless sloppy Jose is substitute lentils for meat. Just cook up a batch of plain brown lentils in the crock pot with water until they’re a bit soft. Toward the end of cooking time, throw in a can of Manwich sauce and some chopped green peppers and onions.
- Meatless Stuffed Peppers: here’s a great crowd pleaser, and they’re especially great to make in the crock pot in the summer when the heat is oppressive. Try serving these with a side salad and a light dessert for a nice summer meal.
- Balsamic-Roasted Root Veggies: check out this great, and kind of “fancy,” idea that involves veggies like carrots, turnips and parsnips.
- Broccoli Risotto: you can easily add this to your list of things to do with frozen broccoli.
- Spaghetti Sauce: this homemade sauce is loaded with veggies, is easy to make, and is bound to be a lot healthier than most canned sauces.
- Polenta and Vegetable Casserole: polenta is a great way to bulk up many type of veggie-based dinners. Try this recipe that’s awesome for the crock pot.
Find many more recipes to add to your arsenal over at Wise Bread’s 25 Tasty Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipes.