The following is a guest post from Caley Walsh of FaveCrafts.com
Looking to follow the hottest fashion trends without parting with your Benjamins (or even your Jacksons and Hamiltons)? You can indulge your love of fashion and not empty your wallet with this collection of DIY fashion crafts. The fashion crafts below include simple sewing, no-sew ideas, painting and more. Throw a fashion craft party with your pals and everyone can update their wardrobe for less and have fun doing so. Browse the how-to fashion tutorials to find the perfect project for you.
- Crochet Diamond Belt– Use crochet cotton to make this fashionable crochet belt. Use to accent your waist in true DIY fashion sense.
- Fashion Hair Pins– Forget the pricey pins in department stores and make your own DIY fashion hair pins. These pins also make great gifts.
- Fashion Belt– With a big wood element, this crochet belt looks great on the hips over a long dress. This free crochet pattern is perfect for DIY fashion crafts.
- Stylish Stone Bracelets– With easy rubber stamping, you can create fashionable bracelets and even two-looks in one. These fashion crafts make great gifts too.
- Turn Men’s XL Sweatshirts into a Convertible Blouson Tunic– Turn frumpy sweatshirts into a fashionable tunic with this awesome sewing tutorial tutorial. This tunic can be worn in a variety of ways and fits most.
- Colorful Sewn Poncho– Use fabric dye to create your own fashionable poncho for any time of year. Have a DIY fashion party with your friends to make this craft.
- Turn a Men’s Shirt into a Girly Dress– Make a pretty and feminine dress with an oversize men’s dress shirt. This simple sewing tutorial is a great DIY fashion craft.
- Felt Tie-Dye Dress– Dye felt and use to embellish a plain black dress in this clever fashion craft. Follow this project or use the idea to make embellishments in your own style.
- How to Make Studded Shoes Video– Embellish your pumps with studs for a quick, trendy update. This DIY fashion video shows you how.
- Bohemian Flower Pumps– These DIY fashion pumps have the look of embroidery without the work. Boho flowers are a popular trend in fashion.
- DIY “Sex and the City” Shoes Tutorial– Make the famous pumps from Sex and the City with this DIY fashion tutorial. You will just need a bit of ribbon and shoes with an ankle and toe strap.
- Fab Summer Flip Flops– Make boring summer flip-flops fabulous using fun foam and this fun fashion craft project.
- Bleach Stenciling T-Shirt Project– Update boring t-shirts with this simple, bleach-stenciling project. You can use this technique for a variety of fashion crafts.
- Fashion Tee– Create your fashionable t-shirt or tank with graffiti kits and stencils. You will have a blast making your own DIY fashion.
- Layered T-shirt Rehab– Using a technique similar to reverse applique, create a fun layered look with two shirts.
- Shrink Plastic Lettering– Add personalization and other lettering to a plain shirt or other fashion crafts with this project.