When you have impromptu guests, are you prepared with some low-maintenance ideas for quick snacks? Check out some ideas from Wise Bread for somewhat impressive and quick snacks, utilizing pantry staples, that you can whip up when company unexpectedly drops in:
- Doctored-Up Popcorn: pop some popcorn as usual and then top with either melted butter and Old Bay spice or black pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. If you want to add some sweetness to balance out the salty flavor profile, toss plain popcorn with Milk Duds.
- Trail Mix: mix together whatever you have remaining of a jar of nuts, raisins, M&Ms, granola etc. You’ll create your own trail mix with a “hodgepodge of flavor.”
- Ritz Cracker Mini-Pizzas: simply top crackers with a dollop of pizza or pasta sauce, a small handful of cheese and any other toppings you have to use. Put these into a 400 degree oven for a few minutes, let cool and enjoy!
- Garlic Pita Chips with Marinara Sauce: cut round pita bread into quarters and toss with olive oil, a pinch of salt, dried Italian herbs, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Bake your triangles at 450 degrees for 5 minutes (or until golden and crispy) and serve with warmed pizza or pasta sauce.
- Pasta Salad: boil your favorite shaped pasta and toss with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh or dried basil and Italian dressing or pesto sauce. Chill this for a couple of hours and it’s ready to serve whenever you may need it.
Find more ideas over at Wise Bread’s Quick Pantry Snacks for Unexpected Guests.