Staying in for Valentine’s Day? You can still enjoy an elegant and romantic dinner, and you can do it on the cheap. All you need is a little atmosphere and some stellar recipe ideas:
- Valentine’s Pizza: this easy recipe creates a delicious heart-shaped pizza to enjoy as a casual Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Pasta Puttanesca: here’s an easy dish to which you can add a lot of Valentine’s Day flair. With big flavors and a lovely presentation, this dish is sure to be a hit.
- Marmalade Chicken: looking for a healthier option for your romantic dinner? Here’s a great recipe that involves simple ingredients like chicken tenders, extra virgin olive oil, orange marmalade and orange zest. Pair this with mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe for a complete meal.
- Avocado and Strawberries with Honey Vinaigrette: here’s a simple yet elegant salad that can be served alone as lunch or an appetizer, or alongside a nice grilled chicken or fish.
- Steak with Brandy and Mustard Sauce: Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to enjoy a nice steak. And the cut of steak is your choice – just look for the most affordable loin steak that you can find so you can halve it when you get home. Total cook time for this dish is under 30 minutes, so you can serve up a romantic meal in no time.
For many more recipe ideas for Valentine’s Day, or any special occasion really, head over to Wise Bread’s 14 (Mostly) Frugal Valentine’s Day Recipes.