How are your New Year’s resolutions going? If your resolution involved working out more, losing weight and/or being more active, you could probably use all the help you can get. Money Crashers has some more great ideas for you for exercising in your own home without equipment. Try on a few of these for size:
- Jump Rope: apart from bringing back memories of elementary school, jumping rope is sure to get your blood pumping in just a few minutes’ times.
- The Plank: this one is my personal favorite. It’s so easy to get into a plank position at pretty much any time of day (during commercials is the best!) and the position is excellent for strengthening your core. All you have to do is get into a push-up position and hold for as long as you can.
- Dancing: invite some friends over and have a dance party in your home (as long as you don’t have downstairs neighbors that might register a noise complaint!)
- Stair Stepping: place the biggest book you own or a very sturdy chair in front of the TV and step up and down while you watch.
- Water Bottle Weights: fill up your water bottles to create weights for arm, shoulder and back training.
For more great everyday exercise ideas, head over to 10 Best Indoor At Home Exercises & Workouts Without Equipment.